As of now, there is no cure for Coronavirus COVID-19. Scientists all around the world are working towards finding a vaccine and subsequently coronavirus cure but it may be a while before it is made available. Current treatment regimen includes pain killers and fluids. It all depends on the host immune system. In critical condition, Ventilators are used to administer oxygen and patient is kept in ICU. There are potential for treatment by using malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and TB vaccine (BCG). Therefore prevention is the only solution.
But there are some ways person can support the immune system.
- Vegan diet: Consuming plant-based diet aid immune system. Fruits and Vegetables contain macro and micro-nutrients along with phyto-nutrients, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals. Antioxidants rich diet reduces free radicles thus preventing oxidation stress on the body.
- Drink lot of water to cleanse the body system.
- Yoga: Stretching exercise improves body metabolism and production of antibodies against pathogens. Especially when the cities are in lockdown, doing some yoga will be fruitful for the health and mind. And it does not require much space.
- Breathing Exercise: As coronavirus attacks respiratory system, doing breathing exercise improve lung function and increase blood circulation.
- Herbal supplements: Herbs and Spice such as Turmeric, Neem, Holy Basil (Tulsi), Amla (Indian gooseberry) and Giloy offer anti-microbial and anti-viral protection, boosting immune system and helping body recover naturally.
- Vitamins: Vit A, B, C and D are helpful in supporting immunity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is known anti-bacterial that was used during the era of Tuberculosis.
- Sun: Coronavirus is weak against UV rays and high heat. Sunlight also aid in synthesis of Vit-D
- Meditation: It may sound lame, but meditation have huge impact on health and life as whole.
- Virtue: Act of Kindness, generosity and compassion towards all beings including environment, plants, trees, grass, wind, animals, birds plays important role. These acts may be small but in these tough times of pandemic, plays a integral role. Helping each other reduces stress and anxiety, and keep our immune system healthy.